Who loves surprises?! We do! Well, usually. When it comes to tax liability though, no one wants to be caught off guard. In most direct selling or network marketing companies, you are an independent consultant and will file a Schedule C along with your personal income tax return. You will be liable for Self Employment Tax on your income earned from your business. Consider saving a portion of your income throughout the year for this. How much you need to save will depend on your income and tax rate. Consult your tax accountant if you need assistance with this calculation.